Despite the promises of lifelong partnership made by couples on their wedding day, one out of two marriages in America ends up demanding a divorce in America. Getting a divorce may look like a simple and liberating task of filling California divorce forms with the help of this site but it has far reaching consequences which affect the children, personal well-being, finances, and societal values. Therefore, before filing a divorcé you must ascertain your willingness to deal with post-divorce life complications, some of which last for a lifetime. Here are some of the major effects on divorces in American life:
Effects on children:
Children are the most affected victims of a divorced marriage. Broken marriages, unresolved parental conflicts and the sudden necessity of getting separated from either of the parents have long-lasting devastating effects on children’s mental, emotional and physical health.
- The children become less tolerant of the thought of lifelong relationships. They struggle to find stability in life and fall a prey to drug abuse, premarital pregnancies and personal abuse.
- Children become more susceptible to a number of mental and health problems which mostly include mental instability and illnesses and weakening stature.
- Children having divorced parents suffer emotionally, academically and financially because of the separation.
- Divorce shakes up the personal belief system of such children and makes them prone to abrupt changes in attitude and carelessness.
Effects on the child-parent relationship:
Divorce extends its implications on child-parent relationships by affecting them in many ways which include:
- The children get detached from their parents and are prone to developing feelings of hatred towards their parents because of all the negativity involved in the process.
- In some cases, children feel themselves responsible for the divorce and take on the unnecessary responsibility of looking after the well being of both parents.
- Children are greatly disturbed if any of the parents get involved with someone else after divorce.
- The parents get too caught up in their own feelings that they forget to pay proper attention to what their children want which results in a lifetime of conflicts.
Divorce means losing a life partner and all the benefits of rooting from his/her presence in your family or your personal life. Financial implications of divorce include:
- The income of a household drops to as high as 50 percent resulting in financial instability.
- The expensive process of divorcing further exhausts the financial resources of both parties.
- Drop in parent’s income directly affects the well being of children which suffer in terms of nutritional deficiencies, academic incompetence, and personal instability.
- Parents may need to spend over time at the workplace to meet the expenses during which the child has to be left in a daycare.
Divorce has deep-rooted effects on American society. It may not be wrong to accuse the former divorces of being responsible for raising the rate of marriage dissolution in the USA. The children of divorced parents tend to fall prey to the crime which disrupts social well being.
Similarly, the children cultivate a distaste for marriage and starting families of their own which disturbs social harmony.…